COMPRESSOR OIL L DAB 46 18L
- All types of reciprocating air compressors where a DIN 51506 VDL oil is required, for once-through cylinder lubrication and also to lubricate compressor crankcases.
- Single-stage and multi-stage reciprocating air compressors.
- Compressors that handle air, inert gases (such as nitrogen, argon, neon and helium), carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide and blast furnace gas.
- Stationary and mobile units.
- Some rotary vane and screw compressors.
Caution: not recommended for breathing air compressors.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Excellent lubricating properties protect moving compressor parts against wear and extend component life.
The highly refined mineral base oil has outstanding thermal and oxidation stability and low carbon-forming tendency
compared with conventional mineral oils, and this leads to good compressor cleanliness, reduced deposits and
improved compressor efficiency, even when air discharge temperatures are high (up to 220°C).
Reduced deposits in discharge lines, reducing the risk of fires and explosions.
Good anti-rust and anticorrosion properties protect cylinders and discharge valves from rusting and corroding,
enhancing equipment life and performance, and prolonging service intervals.
Excellent water-separation characteristics ensure that condensed water vapour can easily be separated from the
lubricant and prevent the formation of emulsions (which could block the oil/air separator (coalescer) in some
compressors), therefore prolonging coalescer life, and reducing equipment downtime and maintenance costs.
Improved oil quality leads to longer maintenance and overhaul intervals and extended oil drain intervals, compared
with poorer quality products.