Heat Transfer Oil
Sinopec’s premium heat transfer oil is a solvent refined mineral oil that is used as a heat transfer medium in jacketed vessels and equipment where indirect heating is required.
Sinopec heat transfer oil is formulated by using a narrow-cut, highly refined mineral oil (which has excellent inherent thermal and oxidation stability) together with selected detergent, dispersant and antioxidant additives.
- Our heat transfer oil is recommended for use as a heat transfer fluid in closed (forced or unforced) circulation systems where the bulk oil temperature does not exceed 290°C.
- Drying and heating processes, such as those used in timber processing, textile finishing, food processing and the chemical industry.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is heat transfer oil used for?
- Liquids that transfer heat from one part to another is called heat transfer fluids. Heat transfer oil is highly refined and designed to be used as a heat transfer medium.
- Is oil good for heat transfer?
- Yes. As a transfer fluid, the oil must not only transfer heat and power, it also has to act as a lubricant and a sealant.