Sinopec’s DOT4 Synthetic Brake Fluid is formulated using a blend of synthetic glycol ether and borate ester with selected additives. It provides excellent brake and clutch performance while avoiding the problems of both vapour lock and brake fade.
- Hydraulic disc, drum and anti-skid brakes and clutch systems of all passenger cars and commercial vehicles that require a DOT4 or DOT3 performance synthetic fluid.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use DOT 3 instead of DOT 4?
- The primary difference between DOT 3 and DOT 4 is their respective boiling points. DOT 4 offers a higher boiling point. They are compatible with each other because both these are glycol-based brake fluids.
- What uses DOT 4 brake fluid?
- DOT 4 brake fluid is ideal to use for hydraulic brakes and drum brakes on commercial vehicles, heavy machinery, cars and motorcycles.
- Can DOT 5.1 replace DOT 4?
- DOT 5.1 brake fluid oil can be used as an upgrade or replacement for both DOT 3 and 4, but it should not be mixed with any of the other fluids.
- Which is better - DOT 3 or DOT 4 brake fluid?
- The main difference between DOT 4 and DOT 3 brake fluids is that DOT 4 brake fluids have higher minimum dry and wet boiling points – and this is why the majority of car makers recommend DOT 4 brake fluid over DOT 3 as it provides an extra margin of safety.